Tuesday 20 August 2013

Art Gallery Space Planning


    So... What is space planning?

    • "Architecturally designing any space with all the amenities and mechanical gadgets to make it more functional for the occupants. Besides amenities, gadgets and good communication systems, it includes better sound and light control within the space."



    I have noted that there are some guidelines I can be aware of:

    • how to use space efficiently and effectively?

    • In which better way to accommodate special processes and work flows?
    • How to artistically create a desired image and experiential atmosphere?
    • who / which kind of client are we serving for?
    • What kind of material shall we use in art gallery space?
    • Being aware of building codes and locate services appropriately?
    • What exact Programming (interiors) are in this art space?


I have been coming up with a lot of idea of space that are particularly special for art space, gallery or center. However, the question of how to define an appropriate way of planning these spaces into an experiential architecture is left for us to investigate. I am going to record what i have found in research while i am at the same time developing my design process.



Brain storming map is a great method to tidy up my ideas of what I am going to put into my art space. I have also seen some people would like to analyse other projects' typology in order to refine a new space.

Here are some examples that I found which indicates how they have interpret an art gallery space...





    Guys, welcome to leave some comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment